Employee training is a crucial part of an employee’s journey. Frequent training and interaction with employees are essential to know about their professional growth and career development. There are several ways companies and organisations use different tools for boosting and upskilling employees.
Upskilling employees includes offering them knowledge and insights on the latest trends and activities. For employees to learn and enhance their skill set, they must keep learning. From interactive conference sessions to eLearning platforms, these tools offer various insights and knowledge to employees.
Trained and upskilled employees are always a boon for the company. They will be more productive, focused and updated. If you are looking for tools to train your employees for your business growth, the most popular and widely used ones are here. These tools can be used according to the type of employees, type of the company and the employee management system of an organisation.
Types of Employee Training Tools
As you have read, there are several employee training tools. Here are the most important and trending tools now:
Learning Management Systems or LMS
A learning management system or LMS helps companies create and manage educational courses for their employees. This software delivers the lessons and training materials to help employees improve and enhance their careers. There are several LMS that allows us to develop our online learning materials. There are usually two types of LMS users:
- Candidates who use LMS to participate in the online training for career advancement
- eLearning team who use LMS to upload and deliver the training content for employees
Popular LMS widely used today is EdApp, Schoology, Its Learning, Kadenze, ATutor, EthosCE, WizIQ, Spongelab. There are several LMS available in the market, and the best ones will have the following features:
- User-friendly interface
- Authoring tools
- Content management tools
- Reporting tools
- Tracking tools
- Affordable pricing
- Customer support
LMS is designed to acquire employee skill development in organisations. This training can keep their citizens knowledgeable and up to date with their skills. It can further help them with their employability and motivate them to reach their goals. After all, companies must ensure employee training makes an impact.
2. Video Training Tools
Video Training Tools are also widespread employee training tools for a business. Video Training Tools are interactive and engaging. These tools can be used to live stream with the subject matter expert and employees. It is an efficient platform for learners to connect. Therefore, these training sessions become more effective when access to every employee despite their geographical location. Some popular Video Training tools for employees are GoToMeeting, Zoom and JoinMe.
Here are the significant benefits of choosing Video Training tools for employee training:
- It saves money and resources
- Convey information engagingly
- Make the training more interesting
- Increase information retention
- Used anytime everywhere
- More accessible
- Share easily
- Boost work productivity
3. Instructor-led Training
Instructor-led training is the most traditional way of employee training. Even though several other approaches are used today, instructor-led training always has several advantages. In instructor-led training, an instructor/ trainer directly conveys the message to the employees in a classroom or conference room. Such form of training generally has one or more instructors. The training can have lectures, presentations, demonstrations, and discussions. The significant advantages of offline/ classroom training are:
- The instructor gets the opportunity to lead and teach a more extensive group at once.
- The team can make the learning more fun by implementing various exercises and games to enhance their experience.
- As a team, sharing ideas would be more fun and informative at the same time. The team can openly discuss the ideas, work in groups, and debate on the ideas. When a team discusses the matter together, it will also result in better bonding and problem-solving.
- Instructor-led training is also helpful when an organisation wants to cut down the cost of training and actively ensure employee participation and information retention. The importance of corporate training in an organisation lies in the better bonding and upskilling of employees.
4. Group Discussion and Activities
Group discussions are the most effective method to enhance employee productivity and creativity. In a group discussion, the employees will be free to share their ideas and better connect. Companies can also understand the attitude, presence and interest of the employees in a group discussion. It is easy to find the employee’s behaviour, personality, and profile to further recruit/train them to develop their professional skills. The significant advantages of group discussion in employee training are:
- Increase the energy and enthusiasm of professionals in a company
- It is an icebreaker to share and communicate ideas
- It makes the working environment more relaxed
- It improves corporate communication
- It allows sharing of knowledge and better learning
- It brings leaders and other employees closer
- It increases team cooperation
eLearning is a new way of employee training. eLearning, as we know, describes the online training program for learning. eLearning is very common today as it allows employees and professionals to access learning programs from their own homes. eLearning engages the employees in an online setting. During remote work, eLearning is the first significant option for companies to conduct employee training. E-learning courses can use various audio and video recordings, presentations, quizzes, surveys, games, discussion groups, and more. Here are the significant advantages of eLearning for employees in an organisation:
- Save time and money as there will be no delays that usually happen to start a program.
- Eliminate distance constraints as employees from different parts of the world can attend the training despite their geographical area.
- Constantly get updated with the latest trends and best practices through eLearning.
6. Microlearning Platforms
Microlearning platforms deliver information in small and highly focused chunks. These include short educational videos, educational channels, accounts, and groups in social networks that deliver information in short length. As we know, the human attention span is meagre. Therefore, the shorter the information length, the more engaging the audience will listen to it. Here are the significant advantages of the Microlearning platforms:
- Microlearning is more efficient in transferring knowledge quickly and easily
- Small information is easier to remember, interpret easier and recall in a comprehensive format.
- Learning retention is more for employees when learnt through microlearning platforms.
- Microlearning can easily blend into the regular flow of work activities. It makes learning possible with workflow.
The tools mentioned above are used in both small scale and large scale industries. According to the requirements and the employee status, you can choose the training you want to offer your employees. Among these, instructor-led training is the traditional and the most common tool. However, eLearning and microlearning also have gained prominence in recent days.
~ News4masses is now also on Google news
~ If you want to contribute an article / story, please get in touch at: news4masses[at]gmail[dot]com