Yami Gautam was born on 28 November 1988. Yami is an Indian film actress and model who predominantly appears in Hindi and Telugu films. She has also appeared in a few Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam and Punjabi films. In addition to acting, she is also a prominent celebrity endorser for brands and products.
In 2012, Gautam made her Bollywood debut with the film Vicky Donor. Upon release, the film was a critical and commercial success, and Gautam gained positive reviews for her performance.
Her next projects include commercially successful films like Action Jackson (2014), Badlapur (2015) and Sanam Re (2016)
ALL ABOUT YAMI GAUTAM
|Real Name||Yami Gautam|
|Profession||Actress and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||In centimeters- 162 cm
In meters- 1.62 m
In Feet Inches- 5′ 3½”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 50 kg
in Pounds- 110 lbs
|Date of Birth||28 November 1988|
|Age (as in 2016)||28 Years|
|Birth Place||Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|College||Punjab University, Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Law (honours)|
|Debut||Film Debut: Ullasa Utsaha (2010, Kannada film)
Vicky Donor (2012, Bollywood)
TV Debut: Chand Ke Paar Chalo (2008)
|Family||Father– Mukesh Gautam (Director)
Mother– Anjali Gautam
Brother– Ojas Gautam (Younger)
Sister– Surilie Gautam (Younger, Actress)
|Hobbies||Yoga and reading|
|Controversies||Once Pulkit Samrat’s wife Shweta Rohira blamed Yami for breaking her married life.|
|Favourite Food||Chamba ka Rajma|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actress||Jessica Alba and Tyra Banks|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
|Favourite Directors||Shoojit Sircar, Raju Hirani, Imtiaz Ali, Sriram Raghavan, Neeraj Pandey|
|Favourite Color||Black, Red and White|
|Favourite Perfume||Forever and Ever Dior|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Rocky S, Sabyasachi and Masaba|
|Favourite Destination||London and New York|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Pulkit Samrat (Actor)|
|Cars Collection||Audi A4|
|Salary (approx.)||1-2 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yami Gautam
- Does Yami Gautam smoke? : No
- Does Yami Gautam drink alcohol? :No
- Yami is half Pahadi and half Punjabi, as her father is Punjabi and mother is Pahari.
- She was born in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, but after her grandfather opened a school for the underprivileged in Chandigarh, her family moved from Himachal to Chandigarh.
- She used to be extremely shy, timid and studious.
- Her father directed the popular show, India’s Most Wanted, and was also the vice president of PTC channel in Punjab.
- Once, her father’s friend took some pictures of her from her mother and showed it to few TV production houses in Mumbai. Luckily, a production house liked it, after which she gave an audition in Mumbai and got selected by Partho Mitra, a Bengali and the director of the TV serial.
- Her first ad commercial was for Fair & Lovely, which was directed by Anurag Basu.
- Again, a Bengali director, Shoojit Sircar selected her for her debut film Vicky Donor (2012). For this film, she won the IIFA Awards Star Debut of the Year – Female.
- Ayushmann Khurrana and Yami are family friends, even before they did Vicky Donor.
- She wanted to be an IAS officer when she was young, but later she got inclined towards modelling and acting.
- She has done films in 6 different languages like Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi.
- She enjoys doing Hot Yoga in 40-degree heat.
- She considers Tyra Banks as her fashion idol.